When is the event?
EIT Festival takes place on the 2nd of October 2019, from 9:00 to 16:30. An additional invitation-only event, “Powering Innovation Across Europe” Policy Dialogue runs from 16:30 to 19:00. You can find a detailed programme of the day here.
Where is the event?
EIT Festival takes place on the Aalto University campus in Otaniemi (Espoo), which is located about 10 kilometres from the centre of Helsinki. The festival consists of a series of events spread around the campus in the following locations:
- Väre (Otaniementie 14)
- Harald Herlin Learning Centre (Otaniementie 9)
- The Open Innovation House (Maarintie 6)
A campus map can be found here.
How to get there?
From Helsinki city centre:
- Take the metro line towards Matinkylä or Tapiola. The journey from the city centre takes around 10 minutes. Please note that the campus is in Zone B of the public transport network, so you will need an AB-ticket.
- There are two exits from the Metro station, Otaniementie and Tietotie. You can access Väre and the Harald Herlin Learning Centre via Otaniementie. You can access the Open Innovation House via Tietotie.
From the airport:
- The campus is located approximately 22 kilometres from the Helsinki-Vantaa airport
- Taxi ride takes about 30 minutes, the fare is about 40 euros
- You can also take the train to Helsinki Central Railway Station, and switch to the metro towards Matinkylä or Tapiola. Please note that the airport is in Zone C of the public transport network, so you will need an ABC-ticket.
More information about public transport links can be found on the Helsinki Regional Transport HSL website.
Where can I have lunch?
There are plenty of restaurants and cafés located in or near the University campus. You can find them on the campus map here.